CEMB Hofmann Office is the UK sales and service centre for CEMB S.p.A. and Hofmann Maschinen – und Anlagenbau GmbH.
In addition, the company has a separate division dedicated to sub-contract balancing using the latest and most advanced balancing machine technology.
In 1946 Luigi Buzzi designed the first system for balancing steam turbines. From the beginning the company grew and established itself as a specialist in vibration technology and as a manufacturer of equipment for balancing rotating parts like electric motors, turbines, fans, flywheels, brakediscs, crankshafts and driveshafts.
The first CEMB wheel balancer was developed in 1952 when the importance and concept of ‘wheel balancing’ was introduced into the market. Today, CEMB is a market leader and run by Ing. Luigi Buzzi’s son, Carlo, President and technical director as well as holder of many international patents.
CEMB is divided into three divisions; Industrial Balancing, Vibration Analysis and Garage Equipment. The company employees nearly 300 people, has more than 60,000 machines in service, exports 80% of production to all 5 continents and has sales and service support in more than 40 countries around the world
Similarly, Hofmann KG started production of balancing machines in 1934. The company relocated to Pfungstadt in 1968, before changing name to Hofmann Maschinenbau in 1993 and Hofmann Maschinen – und Anlagenbau in 1996. They are market leaders in the manufacture of dedicated wheel and tyre assemley lines, tyre grading lines and production balancing machine solutions. In 1997, Hofmann Maschinen – und Anlagenbau GmbH was acquired by Carlo Buzzi and now operate as a partner with CEMB. Together, they are at the centre of the market and leading the way in the supply of innovative products at competitive prices, all integrated into a single technical and construction philosophy.